Low Cost Spay/Neuter
The mobile RASCAL unit provides low-cost spaying, neutering and vaccination services. These services are provided at our shelter location at 825 Thornwood Drive in Heath. Participants must come to LCHS to pre-register and prepay for all services in full (check, cash or credit card) to hold a spot. Clinics accommodate fifty feline surgeries or thirty canine surgeries. Once a clinic is full, registration begins for the following clinic. Please note there is a $25 LCHS administrative fee per animal for all appointments in addition to the RASCAL Clinic prices.
- Any appointment, once made and paid for, CANNOT be changed or refunded. If the owner cancels, is a “no show” or cannot catch the animal, etc, your fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED because otherwise LCHS will incur the cost of the cancellation.
- Cats must be in a carrier. If there are multiple cats they must be in their own carrier.
- Drop off for surgeries is between 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- All animals will be picked up the same day. Please pick up your pet within one (1) hour of the pick up call.
- If you fail to pick up at the end of the day your pet will be boarded at the Licking County Humane Society at a cost of $50.00 per day.
- All dogs/cats MUST be up to date on rabies vaccinations. If your dog/cat is current you must leave proof of current rabies vaccination with your pet. Tags will not be accepted. Otherwise, your dog/cat will receive the vaccine at a cost of $7.00.
- If your dog/cat has previously received a vaccination and is due, you may be able to receive a 3 year vaccination with proof of rabies (i.e. certificate), tags are not accepted.
- Please plan on additional time at drop off to complete further medical information on your pet.
- There will be post-surgical restrictions for your dog/cat for up to 7 days.
- If a pet is found to be spayed after sedation, there will be a $15 fee.
- Pregnant dogs & cats will be charged $5 extra.
- Additional monies may be due the day of appointment for weight adjustment, if your female is in heat or pregnant or if you choose to have additional services performed.
- Must provide written proof of a current Rabies by a licensed vet or purchase one for $7.00.
- Please bring felines in a labeled carrier & provide a crate for your canine if possible.
- No food after midnight the night before surgery (water is okay).
- Services will be completed at: The Licking County Humane Society – 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056 (side door)
|June 20, 2020||Saturday|
|July 11, 2020||Saturday|
|August 15, 2020||Saturday|
|September 19, 2020||Saturday|
|October 17, 2020||Saturday|
|November 21, 2020||Saturday|
|December 19, 2020||Saturday|
|June 20, 2020||Saturday|
|July 11, 2020||Saturday|
|September 26, 2020||Saturday|
|November 14, 2020||Saturday|
We partner with Refugee Canyon for Thursday clinics, and Columbus State for some Monday clinics. We cannot guarantee which clinics will have space available- some clinics are not available to the public.
Low Cost Vaccine Clinic
Thank you for visiting the Licking County Humane Society Low-Cost Wellness Clinic page. LCHS offers these clinics to help protect the animals in Licking County and minimize the spread of contagious diseases. Our Low-Cost Wellness Clinics are held two to three days every month at LCHS, 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056.
To be seen by our veterinarian, you need to make an appointment. We will require a $25 vet visit prepay upon sign up.
If your pet only needs a nail trim, microchip placement, or any prevention (heartworm, flea/tick), and you and your pet have previously been seen through our clinic, you may come in as a ‘walk-in’ during the scheduled hours of any clinic.
We are a Humane Society that is offering a low-cost service to our community – we are not a veterinary practice. We are unable (unequipped) to see sick or injured pets. If your animal is injured or ill, you will need to contact your regular veterinarian or an emergency veterinary hospital and have your pet seen by them.
In order for your pet to receive vaccinations at the clinic, they must be healthy and at least 8 weeks (2 months) of age.
We also ask that no more than 1 animal be brought per person and that all owners please wear a mask.
Please do not bring dogs with bark collars; other dog’s barking can trigger a response from your dog’s collar.
Although we are not a full-service veterinary practice, we do offer some basic care such as pet exams, screenings for heartworm and tick-borne diseases, feline leukemia testing, core vaccinations, and preventative products.
Please bring any previous vaccine records for your pet to the clinic. This will help us to provide your pet with what they need.
All dogs must be on slip-proof leashes and collars and all cats must be in carriers. Each animal will receive a physical exam ($25) prior to any administration of any vaccine to ensure they are healthy enough to be vaccinated.
In order for us to serve you in as timely a manner as possible, please fill out the Registration Form below and have it ready to present to our staff when you arrive.
You will NOT be able to pay online, so please bring payment with you on the day of your clinic. We can accept cash, check, and credit.
If you have any questions, please call us at (740) 323-2100 or send an email to email@example.com
Dr. Tiffany Lane, DVM, received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University and brings 25 years of veterinary experience to LCHS.
Dr. Lane is passionate about advancing the mission of Licking County Humane Society by helping to reduce animal homelessness and neglect in our community.
2020 Clinic Prices
- Physical Exam (Required) $25
- Canine Rabies 1-year or 3-year $12
- Canine DHPP $12
- Canine DHLPP $15
- Canine Bordetella oral $12
- Canine flu vaccine H3N2 & H3N8 $27
- Canine Heartworm Test $20 (must be 6 months or older)
- Canine Heartworm Test 4DX $28 (must be 6 months or older)
- Canine Heartgard heartworm protection $10/pill or $55 for 6 pills (dogs only)
- Canine Bravecto flea/tick protection $50/dose or $95 for 2 doses (each dose lasts 3 months)
- Canine Provecta flea-tick protection $9/dose
- Puppy Revolution (under 5 pounds) $14/dose or $39 for 3 pack
- Droncit $8/pill
- Pyrantel $10 for 2 doses
- Milbemite $20
- Physical Exam (Required) $25
- Feline Rabies 1 or 3 year $12
- Feline FVRCPC $12
- Feline FeLV $14 (must be tested or have proof of test within the last 3 months)
- Feline FeLV/FIV Test $25
- Feline Bravecto flea/tick protection $55/dose or $105/2 doses (each dose lasts 3 months!)
- Feline Revolution Plus (5-22 pounds) $16/dose or $45 for 3 pack
- Kitten Revolution (under 5 pounds) $14/dose or $39 for 3 pack
- Trim Nails $15
- Express Anal Glands $10
- Bottle of Ear Cleaner $12
- Micro-chip $15
** Some fees may vary depending on difficulty of restraint, age, and weight
2020-2021 Clinic Dates
|11/17/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||6/19/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|12/1/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||6/26/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|12/15/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||7/10/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|1/9/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||7/17/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|1/23/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||7/24/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|2/6/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||8/7/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|2/20/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||8/21/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|3/6/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||8/28/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|3/20/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||9/11/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|4/10/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||9/25/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|4/17/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||10/2/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|4/24/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||10/16/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|5/8/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||11/6/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|5/15/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||11/20/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|5/22/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||12/4/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|6/12/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||12/8/2021||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|