Low Cost Spay/Neuter
The mobile RASCAL unit provides low-cost spaying, neutering and vaccination services. These services are provided at our shelter location at 825 Thornwood Drive in Heath. Participants must come to LCHS to pre-register and prepay for all services in full (check, cash or credit card) to hold a spot. Clinics accommodate fifty feline surgeries or thirty canine surgeries. Once a clinic is full, registration begins for the following clinic. Please note there is a $25 LCHS administrative fee per animal for all appointments in addition to the RASCAL Clinic prices.
- Any appointment, once made and paid for, CANNOT be changed or refunded. If the owner cancels, is a “no show” or cannot catch the animal, etc, your fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED because otherwise LCHS will incur the cost of the cancellation.
- Cats must be in a carrier. If there are multiple cats they must be in their own carrier.
- Drop off for surgeries is between 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- All animals will be picked up the same day. Please pick up your pet within one (1) hour of the pick up call.
- If you fail to pick up at the end of the day your pet will be boarded at the Licking County Humane Society at a cost of $50.00 per day.
- All dogs/cats MUST be up to date on rabies vaccinations. If your dog/cat is current you must leave proof of current rabies vaccination with your pet. Tags will not be accepted. Otherwise, your dog/cat will receive the vaccine at a cost of $7.00.
- If your dog/cat has previously received a vaccination and is due, you may be able to receive a 3 year vaccination with proof of rabies (i.e. certificate), tags are not accepted.
- Please plan on additional time at drop off to complete further medical information on your pet.
- There will be post-surgical restrictions for your dog/cat for up to 7 days.
- If a pet is found to be spayed after sedation, there will be a $15 fee.
- Pregnant dogs & cats will be charged $5 extra.
- Additional monies may be due the day of appointment for weight adjustment, if your female is in heat or pregnant or if you choose to have additional services performed.
- Must provide written proof of a current Rabies by a licensed vet or purchase one for $7.00.
- Please bring felines in a labeled carrier & provide a crate for your canine if possible.
- No food after midnight the night before surgery (water is okay).
- Services will be completed at: The Licking County Humane Society – 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056 (side door)
|January 11, 2020||Saturday|
|February 15, 2020||Saturday|
|March 14, 2020||Saturday|
|April 18, 2020||Saturday|
|May 16, 2020||Saturday|
|June 20, 2020||Saturday|
|July 11, 2020||Saturday|
|August 15, 2020||Saturday|
|February 29, 2020||Saturday|
|April 25, 2020||Saturday|
|May 23, 2020||Saturday|
|July 18, 2020||Saturday|
We partner with Refugee Canyon for Thursday clinics, and Columbus State for some Monday clinics. We cannot guarantee which clinics will have space available- some clinics are not available to the public.
Low Cost Vaccine Clinic
The Licking County Humane Society is now offering a low-cost Vaccination Clinic to help ensure the animals in Licking County are protected from diseases. Our low-cost Vaccination Clinics are held two to three days every month at LCHS, 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056. This is a walk-in clinic; no appointment is necessary. It operates on a first come, first serve basis, until the clinic for that day is full. Our clinics sometimes have high demand and it is necessary to close off further walk-ins toward the end of the clinic time. Please plan accordingly.
We are a Vaccine Clinic – We cannot look at owned sick/injured animals. If your animal is ill, you will need to take them to a full service vet clinic to be seen.
Your pet must be at least 8 weeks, 2 months, old to receive vaccinations.
We also ask that no more than 2 animals are brought per person, with the exception of litters of kittens/puppies.
Please do not bring dogs with bark collars to the clinic.
Although we do not offer full veterinarian services, we do offer many basic services such as, heartworm tests, rabies vaccinations, and feline leukemia tests, to name a few. You can also purchase preventatives, such as heartworm prevention and flea/tick prevention, at low-cost.
Please bring any previous vaccine records for your pet to the clinic. All dogs must be leashed and all cats must be in a carrier. Each animal will receive a physical examination ($25) prior to any administration of any vaccine to ensure they are healthy enough to be vaccinated.
For your convenience and to save time when you arrive to the clinic, below is the Low-Cost Vaccination Clinic registration form, that you may fill out ahead of time. You will NOT be able to pay online, so please bring payment with you on the day of your clinic. We can accept cash, check, and credit.
We also have registration forms available at the shelter which you may fill out when you arrive.
If you have any questions, please call us at (740) 522-7297, or send an email to email@example.com
Dr. Susan Zinni is a licensed veterinarian in the state of Ohio. Dr. Zinni has extensive experience in private practice, shelters, and in educational settings.
She brings strong clinical experience to the LCHS Vaccine Clinics and we’re thrilled she is on the team.
2020 Clinic Prices
- Physical Exam (Required) $25
- Rabies 1-year $12 or 3-year $15
- DHPP $12
- DHLPP $12
- FVRCPC $12
- FeLV $16 (must be tested or have proof of test within the last 3 months)
- Bordetella oral $12
- FeLV/FIV Test $25
- Heartgard Heartworm Protection $12/pill or $60 for 6 pills (dogs only)
- Pyrantel $10/2 doses
- Canine Heartworm Test $20
- Bravecto Flea/Tick Protection for dogs $55/dose or $100/2 doses (Each dose lasts 3 months!)
- Bravecto Flea/Tick Protection for cats $45/dose or $85/2 doses (Each dose lasts 3 months!)
- Nexgard (dogs only) $18/dose or $100/6 doses
- Express Anal Glands $20
- Ear Cleaner $15
- Ear Cleaning Package (includes ear cleaner) $25
- Micro-chip $15
- Trim Nails $18
- Droncit $10/pill
- Milbemite $20
- Puppy/Kitten Revolution $18
- Canine DNA tests $75
- Praziquantel $15-$30 depending on weight
** Some fees may vary depending on difficulty of restraint, age, and weight
2020 Clinic Dates
|12/7/2019||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|1/4/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||7/7/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM
|1/21/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||7/21/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM|
|2/4/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||7/25/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|2/22/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||8/8/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|3/7/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||8/18/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM|
|3/17/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||8/29/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|3/31/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||9/12/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|4/11/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||9/29/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM|
|4/28/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||10/10/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|5/9/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||10/20/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|5/19/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||11/7/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM|
|6/6/2020||Saturday||9:00 AM-3:00 PM||11/17/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM|
|6/16/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||12/1/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM|
|6/30/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM||12/15/2020||Tuesday||12:00-6:00 PM|