Thank You for Choosing Rescue!
Congratulations on your decision to adopt a shelter dog or cat. Every year, millions of healthy & loving animals in the United States will be euthanized because of overpopulation. Your decision to adopt a shelter pet makes you part of the solution to this tragedy and sets an example for others. Be proud of your decision — we are!
How Does the Adoption Process Work?
- You can see our adoptable dogs at lchspets.org/available-dogs or adoptable cats at lchspets.com/available-cats.
- You can then fill out a Matching Questionnaire at lchspets.org/adoption-questionnaire/ to begin the adoption process. We are currently only accepting applications submitted online.
- We will process applications and make contact with those who submit the first 25 applications for any available pet. We’re unable to contact those who submit after those first applications are processed.
- We do not do out-of-state adoptions.
- Completion of the questionnaire does not guarantee you will be matched with the pet. It is a tool to guide our matching conversations.
- If you are selected as an approved adopter, we will schedule an appointment with you to visit the shelter. A maximum of only 2 people may come to any appointment time.
- We may require your new pet to meet any current pets you own prior to adoption and will schedule a meet & greet with you. You will need to bring your current pet’s immunization records with you to the meet & greet.