Thank You for Choosing Rescue!
Every year, millions of healthy & loving animals in the United States will be euthanized because of overpopulation. Your decision to adopt a shelter pet makes you part of the solution to this tragedy and sets an example for others.
How Does the Adoption Process Work?
Step 1 : View Available Pets by Visiting the Shelter or Online
View Available Cats here – lchspets.org/available-cats
View Available Dogs here – lchspets.org/available-dogs
Step 2 : Complete an Adoption Questionnaire in the Shelter or Online
- At the shelter – find an animal you’re interested in then ask an available staff member to complete an Adoption Questionnaire on site.
- Online – find an animal you’re interested in then visit lchspets.org/adoption-questionnaire to fill out our Adoption Questionnaire.
NOTE: Submitting an adoption questionnaire is NOT a hold and does NOT guarantee that you’ll be matched with a pet.
Step 4 : Process the Adoption Questionnaire In Person at LCHS
Once you’ve submitted your adoption questionnaire, if you are:
- At the shelter – we’ll work with you on next steps
- Online – visit the shelter during our open hours and let us know you have submitted a questionnaire online
- NOTE – visiting the shelter does NOT guarantee a match for adoption
We do not do out-of-state adoptions.
Already Own A Pet?
We may require your new pet to meet any current pets you own prior to adoption and will schedule a meet & greet with you. You will need to bring your current pet’s immunization records with you to the meet & greet.
Rent Your Home?
We welcome adopters who rent or live in an apartment or condo. We want to alert you that some landlords and management companies have size and breed restrictions, limits on number of pets, and/or require pet deposits or additional fees. We suggest that you contact your landlord to make sure that the pet you choose is welcome in your complex. Please bring a copy of your lease with you when you come to the shelter and your landlord’s contact information.