Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic Information
Licking County Humane Society offers Low-Cost Spay/Neuter to help prevent pet overpopulation in our community.
Our Spay/Neuter Clinics are held twice a week (on Tuesdays and Thursdays) at LCHS, 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056.
Those interested in scheduling a pet for a spay/neuter appointment MUST complete the online interest form found here :
We will contact you as soon as there is availability to schedule your pet.
Availability is based on type (dog/cat), sex, size, and the pets we currently have at the shelter, with females and larger breeds typically taking longer to find space in the schedule. Once a clinic is full, registration begins for the following clinic. We appreciate your patience.
Please note there is a $25 LCHS veterinarian exam fee per animal for all appointments in addition to the Clinic prices.
Senior pets (8+ years) will require a wellness bloodwork panel to be completed prior to scheduling surgery.
- Any appointment, once made and paid for, CANNOT be changed or refunded.
- If the owner cancels, is a “no show” or cannot catch the animal, etc, your fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
- All dogs/cats MUST be up to date on rabies vaccinations. If your dog/cat is current, you must leave proof of current rabies vaccination with your pet. Tags will not be accepted. Otherwise, your dog/cat will receive the vaccine at a cost of $12.00.
- Cats must be in sturdy carriers (no cardboard). If there are multiple cats, each must be in a separate carrier. Feral cats must be in live traps.
- Dogs must be on leashes. No aggressive dogs will be seen.
Services will be completed at The Licking County Humane Society – 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056 (Animal Wellness door)
Dr. Tiffany Lane, DVM, received her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University and brings 25 years of veterinary experience to LCHS.
Dr. Lane is passionate about advancing the mission of Licking County Humane Society by helping to reduce animal homelessness and neglect in our community.
Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Pricing
- Veterinary Exam Fee (Required for ALL pets) $25
- Fractious Animal Fee (extra time to handle) $24
- Umbilical Hernia Repair $18
- Cat Spay $55
- *Heat/Obese +$15
- *Pregnant +$15
- *Pyo/hydro-metra +$15
- *Found spayed post sedation +$20
- *Found spayed post exploratory +$55
- Cat Neuter $40
- *Found neutered post exploratory $55
- *Cryptorchid without abdominal approach +$15
- *Cryptorchid with abdominal approach +$45
- Rabies (required) $12
- FVRCP $12
- Microchip $15
- Toe Nail Trim $complimentary
- Up to 20 lbs $65
- 20.1 to 40 lbs $70
- 40.1 to 60 lbs $75
- 60.1 to 80 lbs $85
- 80.1 to 90 lbs $95
- 90.1 to 100 lbs $105
- Over 100 lbs $110 +$1/lb
- *Heat/Obese +$25
- *Pregnant +$50
- *Pyometra +$75
- *Found spayed post sedation $20
- *Found spayed post exploratory $ of spay based on weight +$25
- Up to 20 lbs $55
- 20.1 to 40 lbs $60
- 40.1 to 60 lbs $65
- 60.1 to 80 lbs $75
- 80.1 to 90 lbs $85
- 90.1 to 100 lbs $95
- Over 100 lbs $100 +$1/lb
- *Found neutered post exploratory $ of neuter based on weight +$25
- *Cryptorchid without abdominal approach $ of neuter based on weight +$25
- *Cryptorchid with abdominal approach $ of neuter based on weight +$50
- Rabies (required) $12
- DA2PP $12
- DA2PP+L $15
- Bordatella $12