Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic Information
Licking County Humane Society offers Low-Cost Spay/Neuter to help prevent pet overpopulation in our community.
Our Spay/Neuter Clinics are held twice a week (on Tuesdays and Thursdays) at LCHS, 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056.
Those interested in getting a pet spayed/neutered MUST VISIT THE SHELTER to schedule an appointment and pay in full.
Clinics fill up very quickly and availability is based on type (dog/cat), sex, size, and the pets we currently have at the shelter. Females and larger breeds typically take longer to find space in the schedule. Once a clinic is full, registration begins for the following clinic. We appreciate your patience.
We are unable to spay/neuter animals over 65 pounds. No refunds will be provided.
Please note there is a $25 LCHS veterinarian exam fee per animal for all appointments in addition to the Clinic prices.
Senior pets (8+ years) will require a wellness bloodwork panel to be completed prior to scheduling surgery.
- Any appointment, once made and paid for, CANNOT be changed or refunded.
- If the owner cancels, is a “no show” or cannot catch the animal, etc, your fees WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
- All dogs/cats MUST be up to date on rabies vaccinations. If your dog/cat is current, you must leave proof of current rabies vaccination with your pet. Tags will not be accepted. Otherwise, your dog/cat will receive the vaccine at a cost of $15.00.
- Cats must be in sturdy clean carriers (no cardboard). If there are multiple cats, each must be in a separate carrier.
- Dogs must be on leashes. No aggressive dogs will be seen.
Services will be completed at The Licking County Humane Society – 825 Thornwood Dr. Heath, OH 43056 (Animal Wellness door)